yes, uh-huh, where did the everyday thing go…

Posted on: May 16, 2013

It really was my intention to write a bit every day. It went with the wind. 


I had to write a bit today because I did something that I have put off since last year. The guy we sold our restaurant to came all the time and took our small bags to use  for his take out or deliveries. He took huge amounts. All last year I made jokes about how I was supplying him with bags and he laughed. This year I started with the joking again. The second time I mentioned to his wife that he had just taken a huge amount of bags the day before. I then asked if they didn’t buy bags for themselves? She got annoyed and said we always buy bags we just ran out. She took a small amount and left. Today the guy comes in and grabs a huge amount. I said you took some three days ago and your wife took some last night, Come on Man am I going to supply you this year like I did last year, that’s it that’s enough. He said oh come on. I did not reply. He took his latest haul, put them back, turned his face to an ugly mask, paid and stomped out. I am relieved. It is good that he shops here a lot but not enough to cover the amount of our bags he hauls off for free. His bit last year was that he was giving us free advertising. Anyway…


I have not broke the news to my kids or Taki yet but I want you all to pray for me. I have decided not to have my gall bladder removed. I called the surgeon to cancel. He said OK but you have to know that it will need to come out at some point. I am not doubting him but I am putting my faith in the Lord and myself to eat right.  I have lost 26 pounds so far. I feel better and most folks who see me tell me they see a big difference. I can’t see a difference but some of my clothes are loose. Also today I am wearing a dress I haven’t worn in years and it is big on me instead of too small. I am determined to continue this. It will only bring me good things.


Maria is enjoying the job she has this year at a sailing office. The people she works for and with are likeable. I take her lunch everyday. They always greet me with a smile. I appreciate that and like that in people who work in a public service place.


George and Michael-John had two weeks off for Easter. They went to school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. They go back to school on Tuesday of next week for their first final exam.


Taki and I are sleeping like rocks or logs at night. I work 8am to 1pk then come back at 4pm and stay until Midnight. He works 8am to 4pm then comes back at 8pm. It will be less hours for us both once George is finished with school.


that’s about it for now, be well, tell the ones you love that you love them at least once a day, also get in a hug or two if you can, love from Deb


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: