a funeral, my name, the store, and so on…

Posted on: August 7, 2012

Taki has gone to the funeral of the wife of one of his oldest friends. She was in intensive care for 18 months after going in for a tummy tuck. There was some complication during or after surgery. She recovered was healing and then again some weirdness. This went on for 18 months. She passed away Sunday. It saddens me even more that she fought for so long and that she never saw home again. It also saddens me that I met her 21 years ago and she had the same belly that she had then that she had when she went into surgery.??? What in the world possessed her to go in for surgery after all those years??? Taki is heartbroken. I haven’t seen her in years. I liked her, she was a character. She left behind her husband, her daughter, son-in-law, her grand baby and her son. My heart goes out to them and all the others who loved her.

A couple came in everyday for the last two weeks, sometimes more than once a day, they spent a lot of money every day. They were friendly and we always had a bit of a chat if it wasn’t too busy. Today they told me they were leaving. I was a bit sad. I am wearing a necklace that my Baby George made me years and years ago. It is my name in Greek. They asked about it. I told them. They told me that in Hebrew my name means Bee. I liked that and told them them so they laughed. We then talked about the good things that Bee’s do and where we would be without them.

The store has been very busy. Just the way it should be in August. Driving has become a nightmare. That’s OK. It means the island is full of tourists. lol

The sad thing about today besides the funeral is that Michael-John will be alone all day and all night. Baby George worked from 8:00 until 15:00. I will work from 15:00 until 01:00. Maria has gone to Kamari to see her boyfriend. I don’t know what time she will go home.

I am nervous about when I go to Athens. I don’t want it to turn into an argument with Taki. Galatea and I are going to try and figure out how I can get where I need to go by tram or bus or the subway. Michael-John is so excited to go with me. It will be fun with him. I know I talk about this all the time but suddenly I am not so freaked about traveling.

I am still fighting being annoyed almost all the time. My monthly has FINALLY stopped. So have the headaches and cramps. Praise the Lord.


I called Taki a few minutes ago he is on the ferry on his way home. He will be here about 01:00. He wants me to wait until he gets here…oh boy! That is going to be tuff! lol

It is about 22:00 and I am wiped out and I have hours and hours to go…with love, Deb


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: